20 July 2010

Undercurrent

Below the seemingly calm ocean, a powerful backwash drags me under.
So potent and unforgiving, thoughts of you pulls me down over and over in an endless cycle. The tranquil azure surface are the words we feared to speak, you and I both. We silently understood though, as we always seem to pierce eachother's souls with a single glance. No longer possible these words, emotions - however ancient, however deep. So all there is is the stormy undercurrent.

My thoughts of you persist like the waves crashing the rocky shores in an infinite loop. Resisting anguish as my eyes, heartbeat, mind and soul betrays itself. Powerlessness against the your tide that takes me. I take a deep breath and surrender to my treacherous heart hoping to resurface to emerge whole to live and love someone other than you.


No comments:

Post a Comment